Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 04 x mid summer, as the weather is getting cold I have flipped on the heater. OK so it don't matter what setting it is on the all blow hot( defrost vent and heater) there is a constant cold air blowing on passenger floor board. When I push the recirc button it warn a lil there, all other positions blow hot, I does not have dual climate. I don't understand.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
One bad feature of the xterra the a/c is on all the time most people unplug the a/c at the compressor for winter time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really understand that answer, I will try it, I am wondering if maybe the blender action, but even that don't make sense unless it is a dual climate and the pass did isn't moving

·
Registered
255 Posts
One bad feature of the xterra the a/c is on all the time most people unplug the a/c at the compressor for winter time.
Curious about this. I thought the AC was only on if either:

1. AC button is pushed or
2. Any defrost mode is selected (even w/o ac button pushed)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try it and let ya know, and no my AC button is not on and it does blow cold at pass feet at all times and positions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may understand that as it recycles cold into heater core to heat, why is it excaping into pass floorboard tho, I have owned over 40 vehicles of all kinds and not one have ever done this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked quit a bit to see if I could find a answer before posting it. I couldn't see any. I will respond on outcome this evening on the AC plug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so I unplugged the AC pump, and it did nothing as expected it woupdnt, I think it is something inside the cab, any other suggestions

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Can you hear the door close on both sides when you change from def to a/c ?Just put the key on no engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, so u have located my problem, upon taking the glovebox off there seems to be a broken part on the lower fan housing that is blowing the outside air into this area. Cheap Nissan parts anywhere?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dejablue is like a walking Xterra bible! Nicely done and another happy member!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I'm going to tag on to this post.
I also have a similar issue, it seems that no matter what position it put the air/ heat vent dial in the air just comes straight out from dash, I can not get heat into the foot wells, and minimal on driver side windscreen. Is the dial a mechanical connection on is it electrical?
Nissan Xterra 2009, thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Ok, I'm going to tag on to this post.
I also have a similar issue, it seems that no matter what position it put the air/ heat vent dial in the air just comes straight out from dash, I can not get heat into the foot wells, and minimal on driver side windscreen. Is the dial a mechanical connection on is it electrical?
Nissan Xterra 2009, thank you.
The cable clamp my have come loose and the vent door is not opening and closing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts