Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 SE and today i replaced the headlight bulbs as well as added 2 new after market fog lights in place of the old ones. The old fog light wiring i just taped off.
Is there some sort of Ground issue that i am not aware of when adding new fog lights?

After all the wiring was done i went to start and NOTHING!

The headlights and interior lights work but there are no dash lights/no radio and straight dead when trying to crank over.

Iv reviewed every single fuse

Tried jumpstarting

I went back and removed all the accessory wiring i added.

I have replaced the lights and added aftermarket lights to an 04 xterra before with no problems.

Am i missing something? has anyone else had a similar issue?

Gonna dig into the truck more tomorrow morning but this is my daily driver and i gotta find the fix.
Would changing the lightbulbs cause a solenoid to blow? or fry the master switch?

asking for any guidance and help tracing the issue down.
Thanks in advanced.
This is what i am working with

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have also checked every fuse in cab and under hood. all are good

I bought a new battery this morning but no luck

Ive towrn the dash apart and pulled the ignition switch, picking up the new one later this afternoon...

I should also mention that i re attached the loose witing for the fog lights to the new lights and now they work.

Still just headlights, in cab, and fog lights work and the "door open" bing sounds but dead everywhere else.

I bought a multimeter and tested signal path. The battery cables are good. There is power registering in both fuse boxs. Sttarter has full power and good connection.

I am hoping its this ignition switch. if not though then i am super lost!

Anyother ideas on what to check would be a huge help.

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
631 Posts
Check the polarity of the new lights. If they're LEDs, they need the (+) and (-) to be on specific wires unless they have circuitry inside that overcomes that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts