Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i need some help.I have a 04 Xterra. I replaced my factory headlight bulb harness with a different harness. Now when i turn my headlights on i get one on low and the other on high beam. I think it is because i wired the harness incorrectly. The harness wires go Red/white, Red/black, and black
the cars wires are Red, Black, and Red/green
i have it wired like this red/white with red/green, red/black with black, black with red.
on the car i have no idea which is which can anyone help me to get the output to low beam

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Try swapping.

:D

If ONE of the 2 sides is "right" depending on if you have the lights on Hi or Lo beam...swap the other side.

Also - its POSSIBLE that on bulb/filament popped on you...and one filament can make BOTH lights act odd....so swapping bulbs FIRST, to make sure both have hi and low, is a good idea.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try swapping.

If ONE of the 2 sides is "right" depending on if you have the lights on Hi or Lo beam...swap the other side.

Also - its POSSIBLE that on bulb/filament popped on you...and one filament can make BOTH lights act odd....so swapping bulbs FIRST, to make sure both have hi and low, is a good idea.

it is actually an hid kit that you plug in directly to where the stock bulb would be...i tryed different bulbs still the same outcome

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
did you wire to each ballast or did you wire to one ballast and used the cable that should have come with it to wire the other?

If you wired each headlight harness to each ballast then just swap the red/white and red green.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would it be possible for anyone to take picture of their factory bulb harness the back of it so i can use as a refrence and i will try the above mentioned idea thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts