Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team....is it a pain to replace the headlamps? Waiting for my order to come in so I can replace my faded headlights. I've been hearing various claims that it's a pain. Initial look doesn't seem too bad.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
no pretty easy all you really gotta do is remove the grill insert by pulling up the pastic push tabs take it out then unbolt the lights, not much to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks....Hopefully they get here today and can do it this weekend. Then ordering the original Fog Lights.

😀😀
Hopefully I can start repainting rims and bumpers soon!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Thanks....Hopefully they get here today and can do it this weekend. Then ordering the original Fog Lights.

😀😀
Hopefully I can start repainting rims and bumpers soon!
sounds like you have a fun project. i would say get some good wax and regularly wax the new headlights to keep them from oxidizing again (likely why you are replacing as the housings are so yellow)

Reactions: dnieves1971

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like you have a fun project. i would say get some good wax and regularly wax the new headlights to keep them from oxidizing again (likely why you are replacing as the housings are so yellow)
Wax? Interesting...Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Wax? Interesting...Thanks for the idea.
yes, wax helps block uv intrusion and will help prevent oxidization which is what causes the yellowing of the assemblies same thing that makes your teeth yellow

Reactions: dnieves1971

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced the headlights. Had a hard time because of rusted bolts, but was able to get through it. Removed the old fog lights and replaced with after market LED fog lights. Thanks to everyone for their input.

7F01D4B7-A55C-4564-B188-52566612D858.jpeg

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Replaced the headlights. Had a hard time because of rusted bolts, but was able to get through it. Removed the old fog lights and replaced with after market LED fog lights. Thanks to everyone for their input.

View attachment 75313
ya as nfs said, get some paint for plastics take the front end off and repaint it and you will have a much better looking front end to go with your new light assemblies, meguiars back to black or d170 hyper dressing also restore the color but need regular redos to keep it looking good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts