Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a link to headers either long or short tube for the 3.3? I honestly and just looking to get the cats deleted and it seems easier just to swap the headers and redo the exhaust from scratch.

I did some basic searching and didn't see any aftermarket headers for the car. Do they exist or is that something you have to diy?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry to revive an old thread but just an update on what I did for exhaust. I got eBay catless headers, I got catless mid pipes from the 99-00 models. Bought myself a new Y factory pipe because mine was all corroded.

as is, It does sounds decent, it’s got the classic Nissan v6 sound ofc. But it still needs some tuning from the tailpipe I’m going to make

Tomorrow I’m putting together a tailpipe and that will be all custom. Adapting to 2.5” and using some cheap straight through resonators. Had the same on my old truck and they sounded good so that’s why I’m going to 2.5” I also couldn’t find any good 2.25” options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but just an update on what I did for exhaust. I got eBay catless headers, I got catless mid pipes from the 99-00 models. Bought myself a new Y factory pipe because mine was all corroded.

as is, It does sounds decent, it’s got the classic Nissan v6 sound ofc. But it still needs some tuning from the tailpipe I’m going to make

Tomorrow I’m putting together a tailpipe and that will be all custom. Adapting to 2.5” and using some cheap straight through resonators. Had the same on my old truck and they sounded good so that’s why I’m going to 2.5” I also couldn’t find any good 2.25” options.
Could you please provide a link to the headers you got? How has everything turned out?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could you please provide a link to the headers you got? How has everything turned out?
thats the exact link I bought, item has ended though. Exhaust right now is going good. Tailpipe got welded together and its pretty quiet honestly for having no cats or mufflers just some straight flow resonators that have meshing on the sides. I just need to weld a 90 degree angle pipe on the very end so its not throwing hot air at my bumper and to reduce any fumes that may enter the cab.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,333 Posts
A question. In the EBay link you posted it is clear that the header tubes are spot welded to the header flange, the long plate that bolts to the cylinder head, were the ones you used welded in a similar fashion?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A question. In the EBay link you posted it is clear that the header tubes are spot welded to the header flange, the long plate that bolts to the cylinder head, were the ones you used welded in a similar fashion?
Yes the welds are garbage, best bet is to just reweld some of it. I know it’s not really plug and play at that point but it bolts up to stock exhaust and is a cat delete. Other option was long tubes at $600+ which isn’t worth it for a 21yr old rusty xterra

·
Registered
03 XE AT w/JDM VG + SC, AC UCA & BL
1,849 Posts
If you weld them, you’ll probably want to get the flange milled afterwords. I would definitely check surface distortion on the flange prior to bolting it up anyway

1 - 10 of 10 Posts