Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

i have an 01 X SE 4x4. Lately, my truck wont start. i dont know if it could be the fuel regulator, pump, starter, sparkplugs or what. It will click over and will sound like its trying to get gas going through it which is telling me either the regulator or the pump. The thing that sucks is that when it gets running its sucking gas like crazy. I usually get on the around 15-17mpg but lately its been more like 13 which is the start rating for the 01 SE version. This problem hasnt been ongoing for awhile; its only been like a week or so in doing this and not every time i start my car. If any of you has had this issue before let me know. I would love to not have to worry too much but the condition its getting to be in i cant be nonchalant about it either.

· Premium Member
3,778 Posts
I'm assuming no check engine light. But it still might be worth getting the codes read. I would also check the fuel pressure.

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah no check engine lights, not yet at least.

· Registered
139 Posts
I've heard about the first gen having problems with the fuel sending unit, or possibly the injectors / distributor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.