Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a school teacher (science classes) and do not have much credit or spare cash to talk of. I have never owned a new Vehicle of any type and have always had a penchant for old cars, busses, bugs and SUV's. I've never believed anyone that say's they've drove the wheels off a car or anything for that matter.
I have a hobby of searchin and tinkerng on part's for old vehicles. We have a 2001 Xterra 4x4 with the stock 16 inch rims/wheels that we use for commuting to work/school. I have lived in a lot of places. Ohio, California, North Carolina, South Carolina and now Savannah, GA. Things seem really high here so my ability to goes part pickin has come handy in this uppity town.
Found this site doing a Google search. And got up the gumption to ask some questions.
Does anyone have the spare TCU from a 2001 Xterra they have up for sale. I have a 2001 4x4 that will need a new tranny asap Reverse is already going so I assume the TCU in my 2001 is probably bad too? Also, if I need to get any other parts... Someone maybe able tell me what I should replace on an old Xterra of compatible part's year/years. What should I pick and buy to make this Xterra safe and consistently good (like it has always been to us) We don't want a new vehicle and I want my son or daughter to be able to have it and drive it one day.

Thank you.
Respectfully, Pauldvs55

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
3,019 Posts
I'm a school teacher (science classes) and do not have much credit or spare cash to talk of. I have never owned a new Vehicle of any type and have always had a penchant for old cars, busses, bugs and SUV's. I've never believed anyone that say's they've drove the wheels off a car or anything for that matter.
I have a hobby of searchin and tinkerng on part's for old vehicles. We have a 2001 Xterra 4x4 with the stock 16 inch rims/wheels that we use for commuting to work/school. I have lived in a lot of places. Ohio, California, North Carolina, South Carolina and now Savannah, GA. Things seem really high here so my ability to goes part pickin has come handy in this uppity town.
Found this site doing a Google search. And got up the gumption to ask some questions.
Does anyone have the spare TCU from a 2001 Xterra they have up for sale. I have a 2001 4x4 that will need a new tranny asap Reverse is already going so I assume the TCU in my 2001 is probably bad too? Also, if I need to get any other parts... Someone maybe able tell me what I should replace on an old Xterra of compatible part's year/years. What should I pick and buy to make this Xterra safe and consistently good (like it has always been to us) We don't want a new vehicle and I want my son or daughter to be able to have it and drive it one day.

Thank you.
Respectfully, Pauldvs55
Check out what @Blackberry already replied to your other post. The TCU is not likely a necessary repair or replacement. It could just need the trans issue solved and you're ready for many more miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts