Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had ordered a new timing belt the other day and i was planning on changing it out 12/26. This saturday my belt snapped while driving a week ahead of when i planned to change it. So i towed it home and started on it hoping the valves were not bent. I changed it myself in about 6 hours after watching a couple of youtube videos. after i got everything set back up and crossing my fingers it started right up and ran better than before. In time and everything. :) 02 3.3L

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha no kidding. i bought it with 120 k on it in 2014. And every party i have pulled was factory. So far here is what i have done
Shocks
Distributor cap
plug wires
spark plugs
new radiator fluid and hoses
timing belt
distributor rotor
cabin filter was factory
ball joints and control arms
all fluids and oils
Runs like a new car now

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
I just got a radiator for mine the plastic is starting look a little weak.A little maintenance go a long way. These trucks are great they just need a little help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine was leaking a little on the top. but it was a small amount. At this point even a small issue i might as well get all new parts and set up

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey ashton, that is exactly everything that I am looking forward to do very soon. 03' 83k miles. Do you mind if i pm you a few questions on how you did exactly all of that? I've never touched a car engine a day in my life and i'm looking to learn how. (17 years old, first car ever)

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,315 Posts
Hey ashton, that is exactly everything that I am looking forward to do very soon. 03' 83k miles. Do you mind if i pm you a few questions on how you did exactly all of that? I've never touched a car engine a day in my life and i'm looking to learn how. (17 years old, first car ever)
Just follow the directions listed in the Factory Service Manual in the EM section starting on page 89 here.

Remember all of the Nissan Factory Service manuals can be found here for free in PDF form.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts