Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello xterra land. Curious has anyone gotten any good seat covers like the coverking brand curious if there worth the price tag my seats are ok but kind of dingy . looking for a good seat cover to give it a better look while providing some protection . plus when the headliner droops due most redo or do you guys take off and do a paint headliner instead

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello xterra land. Curious has anyone gotten any good seat covers like the coverking brand curious if there worth the price tag my seats are ok but kind of dingy . looking for a good seat cover to give it a better look while providing some protection . plus when the headliner droops due most redo or do you guys take off and do a paint headliner instead
Hello! I'm from Coverking so probably biased, but we offer a lot of different materials and price points. Plus, if you don't like them you can return them, within 1 month. Let me know if we can help you with anything! [email protected] - thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I run no headliner and its not bad. Obviously a little noisier than before, but our trucks aren't exactly sound proof either way lol. Plus I think it looks pretty cool!

As for seat covers, http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/Nissan/Xterra/110A52289A0A0A9A289A1.aspx sells some decent ones from what I've heard. Definitely pricey though.

I like how yours looks without the headliner! However, I'm curious on how it would be during the winter time for me.

"Adventure is out there."
-Russell, Pixar's Up

·
Registered
787 Posts
I like how yours looks without the headliner! However, I'm curious on how it would be during the winter time for me.

"Adventure is out there."
-Russell, Pixar's Up
Why thank you! Haha

If you take your headliner off you'll notice its a piece of fiberglass with a thin headliner material glued on. I don't believe it keeps it all that much warmer inside if thats what your concerned about.

I snow ski pretty often and in December I had her in around 10 degree weather. A little chilly inside at first, but it would be with or w/out the headliner, and once the heat kicked in it felt warm as usual inside the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's the inside, no headliner.

Man this is great ! I was about to make a thread asking how to get the headliner out. I am a mechanic but not a great body guy. I am going to take out my whole headliner for good but I want to know how to remove the plastic trim aound the dome lights and such. I don't see any screws so I figure it snaps off but I don't want to damage the plastic cause I'll put those back up after I get the headliner out. Any help is appreciated and your xterra rocks ! I read all 8 pages of your build on here.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Man this is great ! I was about to make a thread asking how to get the headliner out. I am a mechanic but not a great body guy. I am going to take out my whole headliner for good but I want to know how to remove the plastic trim aound the dome lights and such. I don't see any screws so I figure it snaps off but I don't want to damage the plastic cause I'll put those back up after I get the headliner out. Any help is appreciated and your xterra rocks ! I read all 8 pages of your build on here.
Thanks man I appreciate it! It's actually not hard to do at all, just take your time so you don't break any of the dumb plastic clips.

I think this is the 'how to' DIY I used:
http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31335&highlight=headliner

It's a thorough DIY and removing the headliner is pretty straightforward anyways once you get going. Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks man I appreciate it! It's actually not hard to do at all, just take your time so you don't break any of the dumb plastic clips.

I think this is the 'how to' DIY I used:
http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31335&highlight=headliner

It's a thorough DIY and removing the headliner is pretty straightforward anyways once you get going. Good luck!
Awesome write up ! Thanks again ! I'm tearing out the headliner tomarrow and anything else I don't need.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I decided to remove my headliner today and got it done. It looks great without it. Plus I got this from my mother-n-law. She smokes like a freight train and the insides were horrible and crap was everywhere. I took out the seats and both consoles . Ive been cleaning all day. I am leaving the headliner out but I'll put the rest back in tomarrow. Below is an inside picture of it with the headliner removed. I'll leave it like this but I'll put the dome lights back in and the grab-handles.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts