Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Xterra and want to bed line the entire thing, do I need to remove any glass in order to cover it all? And the only rust spot that it has is just under the bottom edge of the rear glass.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have rust you wouldn't want to bed line over it without treating the rust first. If you don't the rust will just eat away at the metal under the liner. I just went to the junkyard and got a brand new door with glass and components and it was even same color for 80 bucks.

You shouldn't have to remove the glass. You would want to mask everything really well. Watch some Youtube videos about lining cars and jazz.

·
Registered
2003 SE 4x4 V6 100k miles
453 Posts
If you have rust you wouldn't want to bed line over it without treating the rust first. If you don't the rust will just eat away at the metal under the liner. I just went to the junkyard and got a brand new door with glass and components and it was even same color for 80 bucks.

You shouldn't have to remove the glass. You would want to mask everything really well. Watch some Youtube videos about lining cars and jazz.
Are the videos about jazz to help develop a rhythmic spraying motion?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is why I'm wanting to remove back glass as to treat the rust unde edge of back glass, I can treat part showing but can not get it all due to the glass. I know that I can't just bed line over it, I'm not wanting opinions on bed lining I'm trying to get glass out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts