Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just acquired an 02 Xterra 2wd 5speed 3.3 primarily for use to drive to work. I'm using it to replace my 285k 97 Pathfinder 3.3 5 speed 4x4. My gear ratio is 4.90 from what I understand with my research, and it's a little low geared for my taste. I'm not sure what the ratio is on the Finder, but I know I like it better.

Is it possible to swap the rears between the Finder and the Xterra?

I'm also curious if it's possible to use the transfer case and front diff to convert my Xterra to 4wd some day being as I still have the Finder for parts.

·
Registered
444 Posts
1. I believe the rear ends are the same, however the finder is coil sprung, and your X has leafs, so you probably wouldn't have the tabs on the axle for the leafs, 2.You would need the tranny and all...the 2wd transmission is different than the 4wd

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, if the rear ends are the same I can swap out the gears I guess? I don't want to change the whole housing.

If I were to take the tranny and front end parts out from under the Finder they would bolt up and convert the Xterra to a 4wd?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.