Nissan XTerra Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really, really late to this one, but my 2002 stick finally started exhibiting this about a year ago, then nothing until about a month ago, now; no tach, no speedo, no gas, no temp and of course the cruise does not work. No check engine light, so I assume no code. All the lights for hi-beam and parking brake, air bag all work on the panel. No engine stutter. I'm just wondering if all the guys who took their clusters out to change bulbs and drill holes actually just fixed a contact problem from removing and reseating the connections to the gauge. Could some of it be as simple as a poor connection at the connector? Many of the posts I've read seem to mention no common problem, but one of the common fixes seems to have included the removal/re-installation of the gauges.
After about 12 years of these posts, is there a definitive fix?
Anyway, will pull mine soon, clean all the connections and see what happens. In the meantime, I can tell when to shift, everything on the outside seems to work and I'm keeping the gas tank full.....I hope!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So at my dealer yesterday for a steering column recall and a service engine light had come on a couple of days earlier. I don't have the number, but the service manager said it was a fuel sensor code, maybe (probably?) because the fuel gauge is out. Put on about 20 km since it was cleared and it hasn't come back on. Will pull the cluster on the weekend and see if just cleaning the terminals at the plugins help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So if anyone is reading this thread and wondering what happened, what happened was the day after my previous post there was a loud "click" while driving and everything came back on, no problems since. Seeing as how it's all working again, it would seem pointless to try to "fix" it. I could make it worse, I could actually fix it, but would never know for certain. So in hot and cold weather, lights on and off, heaters on, etc, absolutely no change. I still maintain it's a simple bad connection somewhere and has nothing to do with lights on or heat in the cab.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts