Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I’m new here and had a few questions about the gas pump. When I try to pump gas at the station, it wants to spew out gas and I have to pump it very slowly for it to get in the tank. Any ideas what could cause this?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Hi everyone. I’m new here and had a few questions about the gas pump. When I try to pump gas at the station, it wants to spew out gas and I have to pump it very slowly for it to get in the tank. Any ideas what could cause this?
clog or pinch in the filler neck, faulty pump, or faulty returnsystem in truck, does it happen every gas pump or only a few? my 2011 hates a few gas pumps at certain stations around and makes me go slow or it cuts off, the way the pump knows to shut off is back flow of gas up the filler neck when it gets a certain amount of pressure back it stops the pump,have your filler neck and tank inspected if every pump at every station you stop at does this.

·
Registered
317 Posts
First gen and second gen could have different causes due to their evap differences. I see this frequently on xterras and frontiers due to either a vent control valve stuck shut or if people frequently ride on dirt roads, I find dirt contaminated the canister reducing flow. If there is low or no flow at the vent solenoid pickup, it will always do this.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
First gen and second gen could have different causes due to their evap differences. I see this frequently on xterras and frontiers due to either a vent control valve stuck shut or if people frequently ride on dirt roads, I find dirt contaminated the canister reducing flow. If there is low or no flow at the vent solenoid pickup, it will always do this.
Vent control valve thats the component i was thinking of, couldnt think of the name, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts