Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 4WD XE with the 3.3L not super charged engine and I took it into the dealership the other day and they scanned it for the code that is causing the ABS light to come on. The mechanic said it was the g sensor and I just want some opinions before doing any repairs.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a 2002 4WD XE with the 3.3L not super charged engine and I took it into the dealership the other day and they scanned it for the code that is causing the ABS light to come on. The mechanic said it was the g sensor and I just want some opinions before doing any repairs.
Its pretty common. Its a small cube looking sensor right under the center console. Pretty easy to get to. Only problem is that its about $210 new for the part. You might try a junk yard first.

You can also grab the service manual online and reset the ABS code yourself using a paperclip to see if it even comes back again (most likely will).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not concerned about getting to it or anything, I just want to make sure that it's not another part causing that system to fail, before I go breaking the bank

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Mine went out too, got lucky and found a yard with one and got it for $10. Put it in myself in about 5 min and its been fine since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts