Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my fuel pressure regulator, but there is a huge range of prices for the part. The cheapest price I can find for the genuine Nissan unit (made by Hitachi) is $120, but a Beck/Arnley is only $46 at Rock Auto. I never skimp on parts, but that is huge difference.

Has anyone ever installed an aftermarket adjustable one? Some of them appear to be very high quality for a few bucks more than the B/A unit.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I did on my QX4, just because I didn't want to spring for a factory one...worked fine for me

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
PML, EFan, stock intake mod, shocks, a bunch of maintenance, and a tune up coming soon

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did on my QX4, just because I didn't want to spring for a factory one...worked fine for me

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
PML, EFan, stock intake mod, shocks, a bunch of maintenance, and a tune up coming soon
Was it pretty easy to get the pressure set correctly? I imagine that the factory ones are not all perfectly the exact same, and there is some variation. Also, I see in your signature that your '01 has an EFan. Did you ditch the clutch fan?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't think there is a way to "set the pressure". On mine (2000) , it was regulated by the vacuum hose. Same thing on my other 2 cars... Vacuum line controlled.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Was it pretty easy to get the pressure set correctly? I imagine that the factory ones are not all perfectly the exact same, and there is some variation. Also, I see in your signature that your '01 has an EFan. Did you ditch the clutch fan?
The efan is coming, haven't done it yet, but will be hopefully by the summer. I used a gauge to set it, I looked up factory specs and added .5 psi just to be safe. I picked up the gauge and regulator from O'Reilly's...I can't remember the specs, but you should be able to find it online

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't think there is a way to "set the pressure". On mine (2000) , it was regulated by the vacuum hose. Same thing on my other 2 cars... Vacuum line controlled.
FYI, we were talking about ousting an adjustable one on instead of factory

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
PML, EFan, stock intake mod, shocks, a bunch of maintenance, and a tune up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts