Nissan XTerra Forum banner

FS: HID Bi-Xenon Projector Kits - DIY Retrofit

40K views 66 replies 24 participants last post by  chatnavz 
#1 · (Edited)
***Updated 1.18.2017***

For those that wish to retrofit their own headlights I now offer complete kits for sale on my website - www.HIDprojectors.com

Please note that these kits are sold as off road use only and are not DOT approved.

Link to the how-to: http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21730

The standard kit includes:

- 2 v7.1 HIDprojectors H1 bi-xenon projectors with Gatling Gun Shrouds.
- 2 H1 bulbs with 6000k bulba
- 2 35W HIDprojectors Ballasts
- 1 9007 Relay Harness

Pricing for the kit is on the website - https://www.hidprojectors.com/collections/do-it-yourself

Email and phone support is also included. I have a how-to link that will help you through the process as well.

From start to finish the average person should be able to complete this upgrade in an afternoon (3-4hrs). Add more time if you'll be painting or adding other custom touches.

Pic of the product:

Output shots - All pics taken with my DSLR, auto setting, no flash - untouched images:

To place an order you can visit www.hidprojectors.com or email us directly at sales@hidprojectors.com Please mention Xterra in the email.

Check out my HIDprojectors facebook page for other retrofit pics

These projectors are widely regarded as some of the best projectors for retrofits. Requires NO drilling and your lights can be returned back to stock. You can use these for other vehicles as well.

*******OPTIONAL SHROUD UPGRADES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE********
In addition to the Mini Gatling Gun shroud which is the standard shroud offering (included in the original pricing), we can also supply various other shroud options.

See less See more
#4 ·
#6 ·
Do they come with the kits your selling and is the headlight still able to be aimed or does that have to be done prior to the light being resealed
Yes, everything you need to complete the install is included in the kit.

The headlight is aimed 2 ways, horizontally and vertically. The horizontal aiming should be done before the lens is re-sealed (as desribed in the how-to). Its not impossible to adjust the vertical alignment after installation, its just more difficult.

The vertical aiming can be done after installation is complete and uses the factory aiming screws.

Hope that helps.

#8 ·
What makes these $70 cheaper than TRS? A lower quality ballast?
Not crapping, just wondering.
The standard 35W DC ballast in my basic kit is a DC ballast vs. the TRS AC ballast so yes, I'd say its lower quality than their Morimoto 3Five ballasts. I run the 35W DC ballasts and haven't had any issues. I do offer a VERY nice 35W AC ballast upgrade for $50 extra if you're interested in AC vs DC.

Other than the ballast I can't really cant comment. I'm a one man show so I dont have any overhead or a fancy website (at least not yet), so I'm able to keep my costs low.

#11 ·
#14 ·
#20 · (Edited)
I've been looking everywhere for these! Are you willing to ship to Canada? I've also been searching for a set of halo rings, and came across these: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/xterra.aspx would they still fit after installing your kit?
Yes, I can ship to Canada and yes, those oracle LED rings will still fit.

Shoot me an email at sales@hidprojectors.com or give us a call at 716.662.3479 and we can work out the details. I'll need to know your postal code to get you an accurate shipping quote.

#22 · (Edited)
Are you willing to make the lights yourself if paid to do so or too busy? I have admired your headlights since I first gazed upon them; however I do not trust myself with something like this. If I mess it up it can easily be a new kit/headlamp. I definantly want them.
Yes, we build these as ready to install units as well - take a look here: https://www.hidprojectors.com/collections/xterra

#23 ·
Optional Shroud and LED upgrades

In addition to the Mini Gatling Gun shroud which is the standard shroud offering (included in the original pricing), I'm pleased to announce the following optional shroud upgrades:

These are UPGRADE prices and replace the Mini Gatling Gun shroud that comes with your projector order.
Please note, most of these shrouds will fit without issue but some (like the porsche shroud) may require a bit of trimming to fit flush against the housing.

The ANGEL EYE SHROUD: $75 with white angel eyes.
This great looking shroud comes with an aperture cover and can house one angel eye.

The MONSTER GATLING GUN SHROUD: $100 with 1 set of angel eyes or $150 with 2 sets of white angel eyes.
This shroud can hold two angel eyes (if desired).

Customer pics - Silver painted MONSTER shroud with red painted rings in the spot where the 2nd angel eye would normally go.

The SMOKE SHROUD: $75 with white angel eyes.
This is a translucent shroud with a slight bluish tint that can hold an angel eye. The entire shroud glows when lit.

The CLUBMAN SHROUD: $75 with white angel eyes.
Shown with a yellow/amber angel eye, this one was inspired by the Mini Clubman. I think these would look great with angel eyes or with the light holes painted for a custom look. You can choose amber or white for any of the angel eyes.

The PORSCHE SHROUD: $100 with white angel eyes.
Inspired by the Panamera, this is a three piece shroud and can also hold an angel eye.

** if you want one of these shrouds without the angel eyes, you can take $50 off of the price **

#24 ·
Do you sell clear housings too, and what are the performance differences between ballasts? Is it worth the extra money? Thanks

#25 · (Edited)
Do you sell clear housings too, and what are the performance differences between ballasts? Is it worth the extra money? Thanks

Yes, I can also sell a set of housings for a completely built pair of headlights. Please note that when you purhcase a retrofitted set of headlights their will need to be some adjustments made to align the cutoff when installed. Every X is different and even the slightest change can impact the results. Its not difficult to do, just takes a bit of patience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.