Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody im new here i just bought an 07 frontier 2wd v6 with a 6 speed standard problem im having is sometimes it wants to turn over but not start if i keep cranking or wait it will start question is my check engine light is not on could it still be a sensor? truck runs great with only 124.000 miles

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
check the battery, go to autozone or orieelys and have them run a battery test, if checked good (have them show you results on machine's screen) have them test the alternator. what condition is the drive belt in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure on the drive belt but i know the batterys good cause it turns over strong just dont want to fire up sometimes

·
Registered
31 Posts
How's the starter? My starter had oil in it from a rear seal leak and worked intermittently. Have you looked at the fuel filter maybe causing delays building up pressure?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it's not the starter cause it. Turns over great I'm pretty sure it's the fuel system filter or fuel pressure regulator cause of the way it sometimes cranks for a long time before it starts like it needs a minute to build up preassure

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I know it's not the starter cause it. Turns over great I'm pretty sure it's the fuel system filter or fuel pressure regulator cause of the way it sometimes cranks for a long time before it starts like it needs a minute to build up preassure
ok, to test turn truck on to acc (postion before start) let er sit for about 30 seconds then see how she starts if it has no problems like this for a few days have the fuel pump checked the 07 fronteir has no changeable fuel filter as is the case with most modern cars just a fuel sock on the pump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts