Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have nissan xterra X 2006 4WD

I have weird question- I see my strut instead of being compressed just pops up from the top. I'm looking at schematic

http://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanpa...id=G&sectionid=401&jointvehid=11921&siteid=14

and see that strut pops through the part 56115 (but it has big central hole and there should be something under it to prevent to pop strut through it) and I see just spacer which is a tube and I see rubber bush (56125) but spacer will go inside of this bush. So question- what is the part which holds strud from popping UP from Top?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can it be that I needed to keep the old dust cover (see image) or at least its top metal part when replaced strut to Bilstein 4600 Series Part Number: 24-137430 ??? Looks like top of the dust cover of the original strut is the part which does not allow the strut to pop up through the top - can someone who recently worked with struts confirm this please? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is how old strut looked like- see the top cover reaches all the way to the top. and on Bilstein's covers are way below. Is it correct ? Thank you!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts