Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I did just some small off roading while looking for mushrooms. Crossed a few cricks and what not and now I have some chatter noise when I go over bumps. I have new lca and new spc ucas with bilstein shocks and 33s with 1.5inch hubcentric spacers, and have had some tire rub. That's being said I've had to smash my fender corner a little and trim my wheel liner some and noticed that my wheel liner was basically dangling on the top causing some frame rub and noise from it hitting stuff. I figured that was the cause of all the noise so I put some body panel plugs in to put it back up but my noise is still there. Please shed some light on this issue!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry just saw over bumps. I must’ve ate some of your mushrooms. I’d check the sway bar links and bushings first. Usually can tell visually. Otherwise, you’d have to jack up each side to check ball joints and tie rod ends. If everything looks and feels tight, you may have had a shock blow out but the ones you have are supposed to be tough. Could be a body noise too if there’s two pieces of metal close to each other rattling on bumps. I have a load of noises but most are to be expected

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry just saw over bumps. I must’ve ate some of your mushrooms. I’d check the sway bar links and bushings first. Usually can tell visually. Otherwise, you’d have to jack up each side to check ball joints and tie rod ends. If everything looks and feels tight, you may have had a shock blow out but the ones you have are supposed to be tough. Could be a body noise too if there’s two pieces of metal close to each other rattling on bumps. I have a load of noises but most are to be expected
Yeah I mean that's what I was kinda thinking like ball joint or shock or something. But damn I mean those spc ball joints were supposed to be tough and my whole setup is about 4 months old. Idk I'm gonna have to start lookin

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
8,977 Posts
Specialty products
Thanks I’d not heard of them. Stockers went 160,000 on mine and were fine Switched out to Automotive Customizers UCA’s with OEM Pathfinder ball joints and put 100,000 on them. Replaced them when I had the whole front end apart last spring they were marginal at that point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts