Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'me currently driving my Xterra without the front bumper valance attached:

My question is this: Does anybody know of a custom sheet metal valance for sale anywhere that attaches to the bumper just like the stock valence does, but looks a bit more custom? I mainly just want to protect the radiators from road debris, but something that looked cool would be a big plus too. I'll eventually spend the money on a legit custom bumper, but in the meantime...

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking for a sheet metal bumper that will crush like a soda can in a crash or a 3/16" steel bumper that will crush other cars like soda cans? Lol
Lol. Right now, I'm planning to keep using the stock bumper and just attached a sheet metal valance underneath it (same attachement points as the current plastic valance more or less). It's main purpose will be to protect the lower half of the radiator, which is totally exposed to flying debris at the moment, and hopefully look cool while doing so.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was thinking of getting another one off a donor vehicle and flip it over and mount to the top half just for s&g's...but haven't done it yet...you could try that

·
Registered
787 Posts
Lol. Right now, I'm planning to keep using the stock bumper and just attached a sheet metal valance underneath it (same attachement points as the current plastic valance more or less). It's main purpose will be to protect the lower half of the radiator, which is totally exposed to flying debris at the moment, and hopefully look cool while doing so.
My mistake, I thought you were trying to completely replace the stock bumper with sheet metal.. Oops o_O

I don't know of anyone who makes something like that in bulk.. Should be fairly easy for a weld shop to fabricate something like that though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts