Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I had a quick question about installation of front bilstein install in a 2002 Xterra XE 4wd. I've read a bunch of threads about the install, and it looks very straightforward. However, I've had a few mechanics tell me to fully compress the shocks a few times before installing. Given that I haven't seen that in the videos and threads I've viewed, I thought I'd ask. Compress or don't compress?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I spent about 2 hours in a parking lot attempting to install mine with only the xterra Jack and no jack stands. I could fully compress the shock when it wasn't connected to anything, but once I attached one end to its attachment point, I couldn't compress it enough to attach the other end. Mine didn't come banded. Eventually I just paid a local tire shop to do it. Well worth the $40 it cost me.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Cycling the shock a few times does help. Still need a little strength to wedge it in there. I've done it both ways. Top first then wedge in bottom & bolt in bottom and wedge in top. Bolt in bottom and wedge in top is easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.