Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had my X for a couple of weeks now,lurked here and some other forums,ready to get started.
2004 SE,4x4,no frills (no power windows/locks/mirrors) and only 72,000 miles.

Bone stock.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a plan.
PML,BL,33" M/T's (?),skids,front winch bumper w/winch,ARB air lockers.
Every journey starts with a single step so this weekend I'm removing the side steps,splash guards,rear sway bar.

WooHoo! :thumbup:

(I'm figuring about a year start to finish,or as finished as they get)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grandson football this morning,work on truck this afternoon.

Life is good.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't get stuff done this weekend like I wanted but I did get the resonators deleted.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
LOL

Your '04 and mine are now running about on the same path.

:D

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I do have the bolt guy at work hooking me up with bolts for BL,was gonna make my own pucks but don't have material close enough in size to make it worthwhile so gonna order them tomorrow.
Will start making shackles for PML (do have that material) at work this week so I'm slowly moving along.:thumbup:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bolts on way,ordered pucks,fabbing up shackles.
Then.....tires.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's my stock measurements. Gonna go 1.125 higher in the rear so it's a little more level when I crank the T bars in front.
Gonna be three pieces tied (welded) together each shackle.
Will post picks.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Hello fellow manual locks/windows Xer.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have a nice Sony bluetooth/sat ready stereo.

Power windows?........we don't need no stinkin' power windows.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you get the longer shackles from 4x4parts.com that is as long as you need. Do not go any longer or else your truck will look like its nose diving all the time. Some people on the forum here are against leveling the xterra's but trust me they handle alot better when level. Alot less harder on your brakes. For safety reasons and cost you might as well buy them. Once your torqued out in the front your go to get about 2-1.5" lift, that is all.

Other things that will make your truck look good, REMOVE side steps and mudflaps. If your not hauling anything remove the rear 2" hitch and while your at it remove the rear sway bars. All of these will make your truck look sick and lighter!.

I got the most use out of my IFS, so this winter I am SAS'ing the truck. Will get about 10-12" lift.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm not going as high as the aftermarket shackles,actually a little lower. 2.25 difference for 1.125 of lift in back.
Then torque front to about level.
2" BL then tires.
As for running boards,mudflaps,rear sway,that craps already gone it just don't know it yet.

(I'm a machinist/mechanic/fabricator/gas turbine tech,my shackles will be plenty safe,cost will be free as I have free access to material)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm not going as high as the aftermarket shackles,actually a little lower. 2.25 difference for 1.125 of lift in back.
Then torque front to about level.
2" BL then tires.
As for running boards,mudflaps,rear sway,that craps already gone it just don't know it yet.

(I'm a machinist/mechanic/fabricator/gas turbine tech,my shackles will be plenty safe,cost will be free as I have free access to material)
Want to build me a rear tire carrier then??? Hopefully not $900 everyone else wants :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm gonna buy the front bumper when the time comes but already intend to fab up my own rear bumper with swing out tire/jerry can carrier,hitch and recovery shackles.
Won't make you one but will post up everything I do.:D

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
And shackles started and pucks on the way....WooHoo!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I was starting to fab the rear tire carrier but I figured get my pml and shocks done then worry about the swing. I just can't imagine the rear carrier being $100 more than the bigger front bumper from all the suppliers

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got rolling on the shackles today.

Should have them done tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts