Nissan XTerra Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Nuclear Naval Xterra
122 Posts
Football and ultimate frisbee. Played football up through college (MTSU, GO RAIDERS!) as DE/OLB. Then I enlisted, and I play ultimate frisbee all the time with guys from the boat on weekdays. Great exercise!

·
Registered
858 Posts
About the Tucanary.. It was one of my favorite things to do when I was living on Kauai.. We'd take out an inflatable 4-person raft, me and a buddy, throw it in the back of my truck and head up to these rivers and resevoirs with our Tucanary gear..

We'd paddle around these perfect Resevoirs with perfect waterlines, a rock here and there near shore, low overhanging trees that stretch 10 feet over the water with really low overhangs, and some tall grassy inlets with legendary monsters hiding deep in the back.. All amidst the most beautiful backdrop of Hawaiian mountains, Guava Plantations, etc..

And there's these calm winding rivers we'd paddle through that had alot of split offs that would rejoin a couple hundred feet later.. Real dense jungle rivers.. With heavy overhang.. You could've been in the Amazon or Southeast Asia or something.. Giant Tucanary and Large & Small Mouth Bass everywhere ..

Its a Bass mans paradise.. Most people who think of freshwater bass fishing, Hawaii would be the last place they'd ever imagine.. But its the Best I've ever seen..

Most people go cliff or beach fishing with big ulua poles in Hawaii, or go out for big game fish on big fishing boats.. But there is nothing more fun than pulling in a giant wild Tucanary on light tackle.. And the funnest part is the perfect casting that's required, and the skills needed to work various Rapalas or jigs and spinner baits..

Funnest pole fishing I've ever experienced..

61 - 66 of 66 Posts