Nissan XTerra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Unlocking Potential
3,017 Posts
That sucks bro, at least here, there's a outdoor league for 18yr and up. Most of the teams are sponsored by local shops like Kavu and pubs/bars, etc. You should pioneer something like that in your local area. I bet you'll find a lot of people looking for a chance to play again!

·
Registered
144 Posts
mine would have to be soccer since i played since i was little all the way into college

but for a recreational aspect i would go with golf and some flag football

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I play soccer all year in various leagues. Love it.

Paintball is my favorite sport to play with friends and if it was so damn expensive, I'd play all the time...

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Soccer in high school, and intramural soccer in college, still go kick around with friends at the park every now and then.
Getting into golf now. Never played a sport I sucked at as bad as golf, but it's strangely relaxing. Decent exercise too, if you walk the course.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Disc golf is what I usually play....really good workout and mental also too
ya i hear you, disc golf is good, also basketball, lacrosse or even regular golf

·
Registered
227 Posts
Baseball is for me first and still play in a central fl league and also love paintball and soccer.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
basketball fo sho!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Played roller hockey and softball recreationally for many years but now just playing basketball for the cardio and the competition. In my 40's and can still touch the rim (I am 6'). I played with some older guys from time to time and they have kept me motivated to stay with it. It keeps you in good shape.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
one handed 12oz curls while holding a cooking utensil over a hot fire....oh wait, that is not a sport that is a hobby we do on the weekends....sorry.

·
Registered
127 Posts
soccer, played since I could walk through highschool. After college I started grappling/wrestling and that was a blast.

·
Registered
858 Posts
In Hawaii it was Martial Arts, Body Building, and Spear fishing every day.. Or Bass Fishing the Upper Resevoirs for Tucanary. It's an Asian fighting fish that looks like a Large Mouth Bass but its brighter colored and has larger spikes and fins.. And its way more aggressive than Large Mouth.. But you fish them the same. Mostly Rapalas and Large Mouth Spinner baits... Or I'd go Canoe Paddling.. Occasional surfing and Hiking trails.. But usually when the swells came up I went to the opposite side of the island with my Hawaiian Sling.. Loved my Diving more than anything.. Some beach pole fishing too, catching Oama for bait fish in the break by the shore..

Northwestern Oregon it was Swimming, Hunting, Hiking Mt. St. Helens, Fishing and Snowboarding Mount Hood.. Never picked up Windsurfing the Columbia at the mouth of the Hood river but its still on my list if we move back

Northern Illinois it was kayaking and snowboarding and Archery

China it was Martial Arts, Swimming, Body Building, Archery, and the international sport "Casting".. Its basically target casting with a rod in a wide open grassy park using all kinds of different casting techniques from all kinds of distances, including distance casting.. Its big in Japan and Scandinavian countries mostly.. I'd also literally walk everywhere all day everyday.. Countless miles..

In Cambodia it was mostly avoiding the landmines..

In Utah its Archery, Swimming, Fishing, Hunting, Snowboarding, Casting, Body Building, and hopefully doing some white-water rafting and rock climbing as well

41 - 60 of 66 Posts