Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this subject must have been covered before, but I can't find it anywhere. Has anyone tried to put a 10" sub in the factory Fosgate enclosure. I need to know how much room is back there before I tear the car apart and find out the 10" is too big/deep.

·
Registered
382 Posts
some one on here was selling a factory incloser with an aftermarket 8" I belive so all things considered probibly not much room. but I run a Solo barit (sp?) Squire 8" and it hits silly hard and is rated to 500 peak watts. (kinda nuts for a 8)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a little more research and found that the limitation is really in depth, not in width. My 10" is really deep, so probably not an option.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am reopening this thread because I have devised a strategy to install a real sub in the stock location. I got tired of listening to the wimpy 8" RF sub, so I am upgrading to my old-school SoundStream 10". I also don't like the idea of advertising that I have an expensive sound system, and I hate sacrificing cargo space, so I insist on total stealth (stock appearance and location). There is a considerable amount of room behind the stock enclosure in the quarter panel cavity, and even at a 5" mounting depth, this sub will fit with a little trimming of sheet metal. I will be doing a full write-up with pics, materials, dimensions, and recommendations. Stay tuned.

The enclosure is ridiculously custom with a crazy list of materials. The checkout girl at the hardware store looked at me as if to suggest I was planning to build a bomb or a meth lab. My sub wants a minimum of 0.5 cu. ft., which unfortunately it is not going to get. The best I can come up with is 0.44 cu. ft., but it will still blow the doors off the original sub. Engineering and sketches are done, and the construction begins next weekend. I am also putting my MB Quart separates in the doors/pillars, and installing a modest 4-channel amp, but those are less interesting because they have already been done a million times. Wish me luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts