Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver's side fog light won't stay in the opening and have to keep pushing it back in place but, for some reason it won't stay.

1. Any ideas why the light keeps falling out of place?
  2. Are there any direct replacements for these fog lights that might improve visibility?
Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
2,706 Posts
My driver's side fog light won't stay in the opening and have to keep pushing it back in place but, for some reason it won't stay.

1. Any ideas why the light keeps falling out of place?
  2. Are there any direct replacements for these fog lights that might improve visibility?
Thanks
Do we win anything if we guess what year this vehicle is?

· Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
3,220 Posts
That's a Gen1.5, driver's side, so the year is most likely 2002, 2003, or 2004. But I agree with @XT2015: Please include pertinent info in your posts so we have a better chance of helping you, rather than relying on guessing.

I have one of those, and I have the passenger's side as well. Each one uses a metric bolt to hold the housing in place. Your bolt may have come loose, and is either lost somewhere that you've been, is sitting in your parking spot, or someone stole it to fix theirs.

To find out the exact size, borrow the one from the passenger's side, take it to a hardware store, and buy another with the same thread size and pitch, then you should be good.

But before you do that, inspect if for broken parts. It may have been struck by road debris that dislodged it and damaged something. You can determine if or what is broken by comparing it to the other side.

· Registered
213 Posts
Wait a minute... they use bolts? Mine use a white "snap in" collar that I got from the dealership. Haven't come out yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts