Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started developing a front roof basket that will replace the stock plastic junk basket as well as the fairing.
It will have places to mount lights much like my light cages do, but set further back to avoid glare.

The problem, sun roofs, some of the first gens have sun roofs and I have no idea about the dimensions. Its my hope to that sun roof owners will be able to open and close it when they want to without interference from the basket.
Its also my hope that a floor could be mounted in the basket for when sun roof owners(and everyone else sun roof or not) want to use that space as storage rather then light.

What I need is images of the sun roof from above and measurements from the wind shield and door seems.

If anyone has such images and could take measurements that would be very helpful in getting this project to the people.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
json3904 has a sunroof, tell that bastard to go measure it

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I have an 01 with a sunroof, but you're gonna have to explain a little better what exactly you're looking for.

By measurements from the wind shield and door seams do you mean the distance between the top/bottom of the fairing and the front of the sunroof, and then the distance between the top of the front doors and the sides of the sunroof?

Hehe overexplained much?
Just to clarify.

edit: Ah wind shield = windshield. Sorry not used to seeing it in two words... hehe. Sure I can do that.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
I have an '04 with a sunroof and I'll get measurements and images tomorrow if the weather holds. Just doing it in case there are some dimensional differences between mine and Snow Chaser's '01. I'll get glass dimensions as well as raised height and angle of the glass.

I tossed my basket in storage pretty much after getting my X. With the basket on, you can't raise the glass which pisses me off. If you can design one that's functional but still keeps the sunroof functional that would be great. Maybe two designs for those with and without sunroofs?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
i'd be interested, but do you have anny pics? or drawn out plans?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts