Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have had a problem with saggy door hinges?? Will new hinges solve this problem?? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah my driver door is pretty saggy. From the looks of it there’s a pin that sits in the hinge bracket that was made out of some buttery soft metal. It doesn’t appear to be a hard fix— just a new bracket and pin should be able to bolt right on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm having the same problem. The upper pin looks to have seized to the bushing, so instead of the wear being on the bushing, the pin is rotating, wearing out the hole in the door hinge.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Blackberry had the same issue. 3/4 front hinges were still available at the dealer. The fourth I replaced using a hinge pin kit from dorman.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My driver's door sagged some over time. Very easy fix. You can, with the door open at various angles, carefully loosen the bolts to the hinges slightly. With a bit of upward pressure on the bottom of the door from a jack or something to push it up a little higher than it was, you just re-tighten the hell out of the bolts, and it will have adjusted the door to hang slightly higher position. It may take an attempt or two to get it to sit just where you want it because you have to put it a little high so it settles back where you want it, but I adjusted mine in about an hour of work a couple of years ago, and it is still sitting in the right position.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine did it too. I had an exhaust manifold gasket (metal) that I cut up and it worked great as shim material. Using it realigned my latch perfectly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Blackberry had the same issue. 3/4 front hinges were still available at the dealer. The fourth I replaced using a hinge pin kit from dorman.
Good to know. I hate knowing every time I open the door it is wallowing out the holes. I feel like if I adjusted it, it would just happen again. It went from no sag to noticeable sag in a years time.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine was so bad the latch actually pulled out of the door over time. Used some fender washers to squash it into place. Mine was like a worst case. If I had to do it again I’d probably use the dorman kits for all four hinges because the new hinges aren’t painted and tend to corrode pretty fast if you don’t do anything to prevent it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts