Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

going to install a 2 inch (body) lift kit on my X and realize the stock body bushings are cracked and falling to pieces.. Parts are missing and they need to be replaced.

Reading this thread:
It appears none are available.

I have since sent a request to Energy Suspension, and am considering "Hockey pucks". Please advise on a suitable replacement.

2000 Xterra is getting some 33x12.5xR15. 1.5" PML + 2inch Body lift.

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I did a body lift on my 02 in June and found one bolt rusted inside the factory mount. I bought a replacement from my local Nissan dealer.

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What...hunh?

Your post (almost) had nothing to do with the OP.. You started talking about a broken bolt, and how you bought it from the dealer.. Whether you bought a bolt, or mount, is anyones guess, but either way, you didnt provide any P/N. Borderline spam.

@RacerXXL any idea which kit is going to be the one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A broken bolt inside the factory body mount.

OK. Cool Story..

So this is what the forum has to offer.. an unhelpful smart ass, and a moderator restating my comments made in the original post.. I said ES was the only options talked about previously on this forum. And you telling me a 3 post story about your rusty bolt. Yikes...

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
506 Posts
I'm not a moderator but I play one on TV. Oh, wait, wrong line. ;)

Guys, what's the problem with the post by @broncot? I understood it quite clearly. He did a body lift, found a broken bolt, replaced it. He tied it all together in one sentence, put a bow on it, and put it out there for you to unwrap.

The smart aleck-ness started with @NoahX questioning his comment, then continued when there was nobody looking back at his post to see where they had missed a word or two. Maybe speed-reading isn't such a good skill after all.

It's all water under the bridge at this point, so I vote that we let this thread get back on topic.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,383 Posts
@RacerXXL any idea which kit is going to be the one?
Unfortunately no.

This is really not something that has come up a lot, literally the first time I’ve seen someone looking for one in the 10+ years I’ve been here. I fear items like this are going to start being a pain in the ass.

Recently while working on my 2000 XE I noticed the front two body mount bushings showing signs of crumbling and that I am at some point going to have to do precisely what you are attempting to do and find replacement components for my truck as well. Nissan has cut off parts support for these trucks really hard over the last 5 years. For most items it’s not an issue as there are Plenty of aftermarket options. It’s all the bushings, grommets, plastic, and rubber strips that are now 20+ years old on these trucks that are going to become a problem replacing as they have little to no aftermarket support.

I’m still trying to find the PN for the bushings as all the online EPC’s have this new annoying deal where once a part is NLA they no longer even show it in the catalog. Unfortunately you’re probably going to have to pull one of the fronts and get some dimensions from it to find an appropriate replacement from ES. It’s been 10 years since I installed the 2” BL on mine and I don’t recall even the basic shape of the bushing or if they are even all the same, again be nice if they were shown in the EPC.

As for is they are all the same or not try your local Nissan dealer and see if they all have the same PN or not. Even with that I’m going to guess you will still have to pull one to come up with dimensions but knowing if they are all the same or not let’s you know which ones you will have to pull. If they end all being all the same one of the fronts Is certainly going to be the easiest to extract for measurements.

Currently I’m laid up at home with COVID so I can’t really pull one to measure it. Still searching all the Nissan sources I’m aware of on the web looking for info.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
940 Posts
I could probably look it up in the catalog for you but on Friday my EPC wouldn’t work. I’ll see if it works here at home and try to get some numbers for you

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
940 Posts
Very few of these bushings are still available through nissan. A couple of the front ones still exist but some of the others are discontinued. If I knew your vin/setup and exactly what bushings you’re looking for then maybe I could be more help

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not sure this will help much but I have one body bushing (two piece) I bought and never installed on my first gen. I got it from the dealership for like $50 about 3 years ago. You can just have it if you want it, shoot me a pm. The part number on the sides say 95520-01g00 & 95521-01g00.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I replaced mine... I used these.
You will need to enlarge the hole on the frame, I believe it was a 1/4" I had to enlarge. The new bushing needs to drop in the frame-mount hole.
I can't seem to upload a screen shot... BUT.
Ordered from Amazon:
ENERGY Suspension: 9.4102G

Hope that helps you...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts