Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, yes I know I’m a f’n dork. I’m restoring an 02 back to factory. I found this under one of the seats in the ‘01 I bought as a parts truck. I totally cheesed and lost my shit over it. Factory issue original, untouched, evey single item on the branded check list in tact including bandaid count. My lady does not understand why I was cheesing so hard over a 20 year old first aid kit that shouldn’t be used cuz everything in it is expired lol. But she says she loves me just cuz how hard I was cheesing over it. I know you can get a reissue, but is there anyone in here that would cheese out as much as I did if they ran across this? I quit asking for them at the scrap yards. Pretty much concluded they don’t exist. Apparently I was wrong.

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
489 Posts
Not sure that I've ever used the term "cheesed", but I think I get the drift.

I was at the junkyard about 6 weeks ago and found the rear cargo rollup cover. Can you believe that all they charged me for it was $5.14? Yeah, I about fell over backwards!

I have an '01 with the original black bag, but nothing inside. I'm gonna create or buy my own contents. Great find, and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha the funny thing is one of the main reasons I bought the 01 was for the rear cargo bay roll up cover it had in it and the original X floor mats, it had factory OEM leather seats so I got both, or should I say 4 of the top 10 items I'm looking for to complete my interior! And I bought it for a few other exterior plastics that were in good shape. Glad you found your roll up and didnt have to pay $1800 for an entire truck like i did lol. Good thing is that a mechanic owned the 01, and it actually runs and drives quite well, the rest of the truck cosmetically is a little rough around the edges and has hail damage, but still mechanically sound, so once I take what probably no one cares about in terms of trim items, I'll prob sell it. Its the 2WD SE So I'm not really interested in keeping it around.

·
Registered
'03 Xterra SE 2WD, 175K
19 Posts
Its the 2WD SE So I'm not really interested in keeping it around.
a 175K 2WD SE is all i've got, Xterra wise - in the middle of a CNY winter, but it's in pretty good shape ✨
i did replace the kit straps - the plastic clips were broken
no kit or bag, though 🚑
i have a blanket strapped in there :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Rmw2g

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Xterra came with just the empty bag for the first aid kit. I am more about being functional so I got a real not expired first aid kit.

That is really cool you found the cargo cover. I should hit up the junk yards to see what I can find as a good deal.

I really don't like the shape of the standard seats, (my back hurts if I sit in them too long) are the leather seats much different in shape of the padding?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was only one other owner of my 02 XTerra (maybe 2) before me and they took amazing care of it (I've since used it as the work truck that it is... Poor thing). I bought it in 2012 but even though it was already 10 years old it was in mint condition like new practically and yes, has a first aid kit in the back. I thought it was pretty cool but I never thought much of it beyond that until one day when my husband and I were out fishing and he near about sliced his thumb off. We we're standing at the back of the car with the trunk open, he's dripping blood everywhere, and I was like wtf am I gonna fix this accident with? Then I looked up, saw the kit strapped in, and was all "yes!!!!!! I LOVE this car!!" Lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 02 came with the bag and I'm pretty sure complete kit. Only opened it once and everything was in a sealed plastic bag and looked old as hell....so...just thinking it's all there. I usually carry better medical anyway so not a concern, but yeah, was cool to find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
a 175K 2WD SE is all i've got, Xterra wise - in the middle of a CNY winter, but it's in pretty good shape ✨
i did replace the kit straps - the plastic clips were broken
no kit or bag, though 🚑
i have a blanket strapped in there :ROFLMAO:

CNY Winter??... I'm still waiting for it here. I think now we're at least 25"
below average?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an 03 a couple months ago and was super excited to see it had the first aid kit still in the hatch. I haven’t had time to really inspect it to see what contents are still in it. I’m also on the quest to fine the roll up cargo cover . I haven’t ventured to my local junk yard but hope to soon. This is my first Nissan suv and so far I’m pretty stoked with everything but the fuel economy .

·
Registered
'03 Xterra SE 2WD, 175K
19 Posts
CNY Winter??... I'm still waiting for it here. I think now we're at least 25" below average?
not sure we've even had a day with a high temp below 25 deg. either, and none in the forecast.
where'd the Polar Vortex go?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had every content in the original bag in a Ziploc baggie in the center console but not the bag itself when I bought mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine was missing but I found one on eBay and put it back in place. I have the original contents but bought a new first aid kit and put new contents in the original bag.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very cool to find that! My 04 was missing the entire thing, bag and contents. While shredding a 4wd model that I found in the local 'yard, my son noticed that it had the bag hanging on the hatch. It was empty, but, otherwise pretty nice. It now has a complete U.S. Military IFAK stuck in it. VERY handy to have around!

·
Registered
7 Posts
its funny how sometimes the smallest item is one of the most coveted. My 01 still has the original kit with everything in it! its a cool little piece.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts