Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for some DIY mods, and things to upgrade my xterra.

I want to replace my interior lights to LED's.
Currently painting bumpers and plastics matte black.
Need to replace headliner.
Maybe paint roof rack?
Replace headlights to a brighter kind.

Any advice or suggestions would be great. I'm pretty new to wrenching so I'm learning as I go!

Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did part of roof rack matte black. I can see some spots that are a little worse than others. Will post photos today

·
Registered
231 Posts
I removed every bit of plastic from my X. And used truck bed liner over the spots where the plastics pieces were. I love the look along with my Westin grille guard. Some like it, some dont but I think it gives it a much tougher look and it's practically free
FullSizeR1_01.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is a veeeeery cheap build by the way. Maybe have $500 in it from bone stock

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed every bit of plastic from my X. And used truck bed liner over the spots where the plastics pieces were. I love the look along with my Westin grille guard. Some like it, some dont but I think it gives it a much tougher look and it's practically free View attachment 73625
How did you paint the door strips?

·
Registered
231 Posts
The trim in the middle of the door? If that's what you're talking about, I just used some tape and paper, taped it off, and painted it with Rust-Oleum spray paint

·
Registered
231 Posts
I haven't painted my emlems. Not sure the best and easiest way for those. They may just pop right off or you may have to tape them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On my 04 looks like double sided tape with foam behind the emblem, I'll most likely just mask and paint those as well

·
Registered
231 Posts
You can scrape them off. You'll just have to buy some new double sided tape. Should have it at the auto parts store

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I'm looking for some DIY mods, and things to upgrade my xterra.

I want to replace my interior lights to LED's.
Currently painting bumpers and plastics matte black.
Need to replace headliner.
Maybe paint roof rack?
Replace headlights to a brighter kind.

Any advice or suggestions would be great. I'm pretty new to wrenching so I'm learning as I go!

Thank you!
I’m looking to do the same thing with my bumpers. I gave mine to my 16 yr old son. It’s a 2000. Color is Denim Blue. We replaced the interior dome lights with blue LEDs. They look great at night. Will post photo later. I was thinking of doing the LED head lights, but I might pass on it. Headliner could be tough. Main thing with painting is getting the prep work done correctly

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've done a few things a nice these pics. But you get the idea with no plastics. That stuff is garbage. Pretty much everything you see that is black is Rust-Oleum truck bed liner

·
Registered
231 Posts
I still got the bumpers. Just got rid of all the junky plastic from it. I remember being a young kid always saying I hated they put plastic all over these things. So as soon as I got one, it was the first thing to go

1 - 20 of 37 Posts