Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my 1967 Marlin 30-30, and my Remington 760 pump action 30-06 in my home, instead of being out at the parents house, since I didn't have a cabinet to put them in. Well my parents are moving out of state so my dad gave me his cabinet. I also have a Ruger SR40 in my bedside quick draw safe. My dad accidentally packed up my 380 though, so missing one of mine. All i have to say is, I love having most of my babies in the house now...Below are pics.

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it's a start...just gotta get a shotgun, an ar, and just for fun, it would be nice to have a few more handguns...like a 357, 45, and might have to get a 9 mm too

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thanks, it's a start...just gotta get a shotgun, an ar, and just for fun, it would be nice to have a few more handguns...like a 357, 45, and might have to get a 9 mm too

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:
looks good man

·
Registered
117 Posts
How do you like the bedside vault? I keep looking at it and cannot decide whether to get the combo or bio lock. Seems like folks have lots of issues with the bio.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine for Christmas, but the bio locks have issues, especially if you work with your hands a lot, they can misread your fingerprints, or if your hands are dirty, etc... I love mine, it's always been a dream of mine to have one right beside the bed yet secure...now I just need like three more around the house...lol

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update, got my Interarms Constable 2 380 in the house now...so I kind of dare someone to break in while I'm home...it would give me some target practice, at least for a double tap or two...of course it would be hard t explain t t cops why two different caliber ammo was used, but it sounded good in my head...lol

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you want it for? Protection, plinking, or just a versatile all around? Personally I love a 9mm for just fun shooting, 40 cal or 45 for protection, and a .380 for conceal. But that is just my preference

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:

·
Registered
176 Posts
What do you want it for? Protection, plinking, or just a versatile all around? Personally I love a 9mm for just fun shooting, 40 cal or 45 for protection, and a .380 for conceal. But that is just my preference

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:
Something for home defense and for shooting for fun.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love my ruger sr40...sometimes I wish I would have gotten the sr40c, but when I shoot it, I am reminded of the fact I bought it to carry hunting, not for conceal carry. Springfield xd's are really nice and reliable, or the m&p shield, my dad has one of those. Whatever you get, make sure you are happy with how it sits in your hands, i.e. go to a gun shop and hold a few, then decide. Roger's aren't horribly expensive but are very reliable, Springfield is more expensive. Like I said though, go hold one and see...for what you're talking, I would go with a 40 cal just so should have enough power to stop someone attacking, and still isn't too big to carry.

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice little collection! I just recently re-organized my stuff as well by re-purposing my workshop in the basement and putting a secure lock on the door. It's so nice to have quick access to everything at a moment's notice, not to mention being able to service, clean, and pack very quickly and easily for hunting trips, range days, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts