Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping out the driver rear catalytic converter and running into corroded flange bolts/nuts.

I’m looking for flange bolts online but only finding a pack of two, which is confusing since it’s a three bolt flange. Does it absolutely have to be OEM or is a flange bolt a flange bolt?

Anyone else run into this?

Happy Quarantine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
A flange bolt is a flange bolt, period. As long as the bolt is the proper length and the thread is the proper pitch, (although considering its just a flange the length and thread doesn't really matter, unless you are threading the bolt into any hardware, then the proper thread match is required). If metric I would use grade 10.9 hardware, is using SAE, I would use grade 8 hardware.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic. That’s kind of what I was thinking but it’s nice to hear confirmation from someone else. Thank you!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Most nissan exhaust bolts are 10x1.25. Some are 10x1.5 but those are mostly the ones that thread into a catalyst or manifold, like some studs are 10x1.5 on the side that’s not supposed to come out and the nut side is 10x1.25

·
Registered
3 Posts
Swapping out the driver rear catalytic converter and running into corroded flange bolts/nuts.

I’m looking for flange bolts online but only finding a pack of two, which is confusing since it’s a three bolt flange. Does it absolutely have to be OEM or is a flange bolt a flange bolt?

Anyone else run into this?

Happy Quarantine!!!

I have an 01 and could not find them any where, finely went to Nissan to get them and you may look into picking up the gaskets as well they are impossible to get any where but Nissan triangle in shape and get the nuts as well going to be a little pricey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts