Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have a 2000 Exterra with 6cyl the rubber tube from air filter box to intake was bad so I changed it and the cap and rotor I unplugged the mas air sender and plugged it back in I started the car ran great for two minutes then started spluttering and died I have tried to get the service engine lite to blink (YouTube videos ) 50 times but it doesn't blink the car ran fine so its not the firing order I think the next move is buy a scanner which Im fine with but which one ? I would like to buy better rather than just minimal But not crazy expensive I was thinking $250 ? I would think they all do not reset the computer Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks George ( on and off for a month )

·
Registered
422 Posts
I’d buy the cheapest one I could find. I don’t feel like the $30 is that much better than the $100 which is about the same as the $1000. A coworker recently bought a fancy one for $2000 and I used it for less than 2 minutes and gave up. It’s great because it connects to ABS on Fiats but I don’t care about that. I’m not looking to read airbag codes on a BMW, I literally just want to read codes. Some have a basic data stream and that can be mildly helpful at times. That’s probably in the $100 range

1 - 2 of 2 Posts