Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving my 01 4wd xterra and I pushed on the brakes then the radio lost power, all gages dropped to zero but come back on when I take foot off of the brake. ABS light and airbag light then came on. Vehicle operates normally otherwise just every time I push on the brake it happens. Then when I got home car won't start anymore battery still has good voltage. Any ideas??? Recently replaced vss

·
Registered
156 Posts
Never heard of that specific symptom but a possible good place to start might be the electrical switch at the brake pedal that opens and closes depending on pushing or releasing the brake pedal.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
750 Posts
Almost all electrical issues that affect multiple systems are resolved by correcting ground issues. I’d start by checking all ground connections you can find

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are your battery terminals clean? Is the alternator at the right voltage? As was asked before, are your grounds good?

·
Registered
2006 Xterra S 4X4
2 Posts
Check the ground coming off the battery. The ground cable has an eyelet in the middle that is screwed to the inner fender well, it provides a chassis ground for the body before it continues to the engine block. If your power steering pump has bathed the area in oil. You will need to do a good cleaning and remake the connections.

·
2001 Silver Xterra SE
292 Posts
Have battery, batter connection and battery cables checked.

Check under the carpet on the passenger side- heater core could have a leak and your ECM (car computer) could be shorting out

other things to check
Electrical connections to stereo and amp if you have one. Possibly the power cable is shorting against chassis

aftermarket car alarm install
disconnect battery. Wait 5min
Reconnect battery
Windows up, all doors and hood closed.
with key lock and unlock driver door
Then try start engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts