Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I recently finished the install for my DT headers and while I was at it put in a new EGR valve. Everything seemed like it went just fine and she is running better than ever but my CEL came on yesterday and I pulled the code which read for P0400 indicating a fault in the exhaust gas recirculation flow. still seems to be running fine. I am pulling off my EGR this morning and am going to clean it with some carburetor cleaner and putt it back on. I honestly have no ideas with this one my fall back is always pull it clean it and re-seal it, any thoughts suggestions or experience would be appreciated.

P.S. a buddy of mine just mentioned that I may need to have my computer remapped? is that some thing I need? if so what do I need to do?

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
First i would look at your vacuum hoses any time you start playing around with 12 year old hoses your going to gets some leaks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bet it is hoses. I had that code and one for knock sensor. I checked all vacuum lines and found a broken one. I replaced all hoses to EGR. I reset codes and both codes are gone. EGR can affect knock sensor as well so if you have this code I'd also check vacuum. It's the most likely culprit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts