Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On AC'S website I saw these
http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18915863-dynamic-suspension-system.html

My question is, and excuse me if it is noob-ish, what exactly does this do? I know dynamic suspension on the Toyota is basically a sway management system, so is this the same thing in effect? I am just curious about this, just for my own weird, OCD-LIKE tendencies...so if they are BS, don't yell at me plz...I'm sensitive...lol. But seriously, what do they do? I can't find any info on them online or pictures of them installed so I can get a better idea of what they actually do and how they mount...thnx in advance!

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...ANYONE? TJTJ, maybe you could chime in and make me feel mentally inferior again...lol...not in a mean way, you're just awesome!

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:

·
Brooklyn br0
'01XE 4x4 3.3AT Locked SAS 35's
3,290 Posts
It looks to be an over complicated anti axle wrap/wheel hop add on. I can expand if ya want...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kind of does to me also...but the description leads me to believe otherwise, maybe I should email them for an answer...the only reason I say that is because an active suspension is one that is controlled by some sort of hydraulic system...I will shoot them an email and see what they say

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So following is a reply I got from AC. I asked multiple questions and even asked if they could tell me how they mount or an installed pic, what they do, and if they were a true active suspension upgrade like it claims they make your suspension. This was their reply.

Hello Darin,

When it comes with this product.* It means that you have additional spring
rate at different compression when compared to stock leaf springs.

Thank you

I honestly felt a little insulted with that answer, but I guess it is what it is.

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:

·
Brooklyn br0
'01XE 4x4 3.3AT Locked SAS 35's
3,290 Posts
Ha ha, hilarious bro. Sounds like the kind of answer you get from one of those “customer service” folks based out of India or some crap.
How the do you sell something like that without being able to explain how the F it works? I wonder how many they’ve sold to date.
Caveat emptor guys!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How the do you sell something like that without being able to explain how the F it works? I wonder how many they’ve sold to date.
Caveat emptor guys!
I agree wholeheartedly...but he probably didn't feel like getting a more in depth explanation from one of his trainers as this sounded like he was either new, or just didn't know/care exactly.

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Wish list:

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Interesting topic...I too stumbled upon this device and was kinda curious as to WTF it did.

Looks to be just an extra spring. I imagine it mounts some how between the frame and leaf springs so it adds to the spring stiffness the further it flexes. Seems kinda lame to me,

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Hi guys i just saw this and figured i would try to give as much detail as possible. This eliminates Axle Wrap and Wheel Hop, by preventing the additional force of the increased torque, twisting the axle housing and by so doing, will now not allow the leaf springs to distort. Two powerful variable-rated coil springs will now hold the leaf springs in the original bowed shape. The distorted S-shape twist and subsequent hop, is thereby eliminated. Traction to the tires are now increased and torque is transferred to the ground efficiently. Simplify Load Carrying: When a vehicle is overloaded the weight distribution shifts rearward, causing the rear to sag, the bulk of the load weight will now be transferred to the rear axle. This will also affect the steering, making it more floaty and less responsive. The conventional approach to increasing the load carrying of a truck, van or SUV has been to increase the stiffness of the rear leaf springs. With this kit installed on your pickup, you will be amazed at the improvement when cornering, and also the overall improvement in handling. Body roll will be greatly reduced and your vehicle will become considerably more stable and safer, with or without a load. If you have any questions let me know and i will be more than happy to assist. You can also email me directly if you like at [email protected].

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.