Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Most cars that have bolt on hinges don't really use cut slots, but the holes the bolt goes in on the hinge is drilled a little big so you do have wiggle room. It doesn't take much of an adjustment at the hinge to really change the far end of the door.

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
Honestly, the best adjustments I have ever done are purely muscle.

·
Premium Member
8,523 Posts
the body shop just takes a 4x4 wood on the bottom of the door with the floor jack with the door just open a little .

·
Registered
443 Posts
the easiest way to fix it in my opinion is to take off the fender and close the door and then loosen and re tighten the bolts on the body side. the holes are slightly bigger than the bolt

·
I'm kinda wacko
5,315 Posts
It probably actually needs new bushing, bending or adjusting it will only work for a while, but it will keep sagging until you replace the bushings. They're pretty cheap, like $10-$15.

·
Silver Submarine
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It probably actually needs new bushing, bending or adjusting it will only work for a while, but it will keep saging untill you replace the bushings. They're pretty cheap, like $10-$15.
The funny thing is that there is no play at all in the door. It must have just gotten tweaked somehow. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Found mine on Scamazon. They are a Dor-Man product. I don't have the number handy because I am at work and the 'Terra is at home, over an hour away.

Reactions: AK28
1 - 11 of 11 Posts