Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2004 nissan xterra and when I bought it the dome lights weren't working. I figured it was just a fuse problem or light bulb problem but upon inspection it seems the fuse and light bulbs are fine. So, I'm looking for anything that can help me to get my dome lights in proper working order. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
I had bad door switches. Replaced them and fixed it. Then had bad bulbs, they looked fine but the multi meter said otherwise. I'd check the bulb's for continuity with the meter and check at the socket for power as first steps. Try opening a door and wiggling the door switch too. Also if the bulb's are good make sure you've got a good connection at both ends. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Gotcha. It was actually the elec b fuse for me. I thought it was the one labeled room lamp... Any idea what that one actually does?

Many thanks!
room lamp is the map lights i do believe

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had bad door switches. Replaced them and fixed it. Then had bad bulbs, they looked fine but the multi meter said otherwise. I'd check the bulb's for continuity with the meter and check at the socket for power as first steps. Try opening a door and wiggling the door switch too. Also if the bulb's are good make sure you've got a good connection at both ends. Hope this helps
This ^^^

room lamp is the map lights i do believe
Correcto mundo... lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
even better

Reactions: kms1990
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.