Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that some of the Nissan cars automatically re-lock their doors after so many minutes if they haven't been opened; can anyone confirm if this is true for the Xterra (I have the 2015 model year and love it!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Interesting, I have a 2001 and I don't think its a feature on mine. I did have this option on my alarm a long time ago with my VW Scirocco and hated it, ended up locking my keys in my car on a couple occasions as I left them on the seat when I was cleaning it only to have the alarm arm and lock me out.

Just make sure you never leave your keys on the car seat with the doors closed =)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would agree with both of you as this model is an outdoor-adventure-away-from-the-masses type vehicle, so imagine the wilderness camper locking himself out of his truck. :-S

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know some of the new cars have proximity sensors within the FOB remote built in so that when your FOB is in the car it will not lock itself or when you walk up close to the car it will automatically unlock itself, perhaps this is an option with the new Xterras. Mine is a 2001 and there is no way it would have that feature built in being 14 years young.

Well if you're out camping and in the wild I am sure you would have many "tools" to get into your truck, may not be pretty but access would be granted one way or another =)

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
'09 and mine will re-lock in about 30 seconds if no doors are opened. If you've used the keyfob to lock/unlock the doors.
However, I've never had the keys get locked inside though I came very close once when a friend jumped out and put his hand on the armrest to get out and accidentally hit the lock switch. Luckily, I heard the kerchunk of the tailgate and grabbed my door before it closed.

I wish instead of being able to disable the passenger window, it also disabled the passenger lock control!

Anytime I'm getting out off road with the keys in the vehicle, I leave a window down or on longer trips I'll have someone I trust hold my spare set (ignition, gas cap & fob) then I don't have to worry about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts