Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Fishing Guru
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wonder if you bought a aftermarket supercharger you can just exclude the bypass ac and drill a hole and put a blow off valve on the casing of the supercharger. Just a dumb idea. Been a long day.

·
Fishing Guru
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
that sounds even more dangerous than the bypass mod
Is there actually a bypass mod? I have looked and looked and I get 2 different stories. Now I have tons of experience with centerfugial superchargers. I have put together and installed quite a few and its easy and no bs computer junk other than emu ie piggyback or full standalone.

·
Registered
649 Posts
i think there's a strong debate about whether or not it actually works, and i've never seen a write-up for the S/Ced version (prob bc with the supercharger its too dangerous)

I've seen the S/c Relocation mod, i have it linked in my signature.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hmm even while driving my gauge does the same thing. It seems like I
can still feel the sensor trip but no
code is
ever throw

·
Fishing Guru
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ya I plan to do the KS relocation

·
Registered
649 Posts
Figured being that i didn't do the mod myself, I might piggyback on this thread and show pictures of my boost guage, where its mounted, and how its connected.

Location, Location, Location!

From the Block

Through Firewall

On the Otherside

To the Guage

·
Fishing Guru
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Did you tap that fitting into the intake? I am going to look right now to see that.

·
Fishing Guru
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks pretty damn good. I like where mine is though for sure, Yours is more out of the way though. The first place I had mine was on top of steering console with velcro and it worked great. It was in great sight. The pod I bought was only like $40. You should get one and mount it up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I recently installed a boost gauge in my X. I couldn't find a good thread detailing the install, so I did the next best thing - winged it! Mine's using the tube from the rear of the upper intake manifold that runs to the boost control solenoid (same hose as the OP). For gauge location, I went with the cubby-hole below the radio. I wanted it out of the way and clean, but still easily visible.

·
Fishing Guru
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
RockM if your lookin for a good boost gauge I will sell ya my Autometer Cobalt. That is back lit and looks pretty sick. I bought a digital ProSport boost gauge.

·
Fishing Guru
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
9 Posts
bringing this thread back to life.

there was a member (dfwbmw) that tried the 3rd line closest to firewall as it was mentioned in this link http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31897 but got only vacuum. i did the same and got the same results just vac. maybe my truck not putting out boost?

Use the connector t in the package with the boost gauge

Why does the supercharger make a quiet grinding noise when you close the bypass acuator? Seems like it shouldn't do that. Also have you ever had someone read your boost gauge when you close the bypass by hand? I would think you would jump to 0 boost and when you rev go to 7-9 lbs.
The bypass acuater opens when you are revving in neutral hence the low amount of boost. If not for the grinding noise I would just zip tie the acuator closed. LOL. Probably not a good idea.
i have done this with wire tie and heard same noise. i checked guage which was hooked to middle line of of solenoid and it read what i think is proper readings.18psi vac idle and add light throttle stay below 0 heavy throttle 5-8psi boost.

remove wire tie and guage read 8psi vac and if 2psi boost. why is this?

did t line off of 3rd hose closest to firewall and just got normal readings of vac. 18psi idle light of heavy throttle no boost.

i think this person below has it right but i dont want to drill and tap. trying to find easy way out if there is a way. common sense tells me it has to be below charger inorder to see boost. anything above will just read vacuum.

Figured being that i didn't do the mod myself, I might piggyback on this thread and show pictures of my boost guage, where its mounted, and how its connected.

From the Block

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for bumping this up.

I know the OP is old but dude, that's terrible power wire tapping. You just shoved a wire into your fuse spade connector?

·
Fishing Guru
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanx guys for the bump. My 06' is getting a blower here in the next few weeks. My own design. I will have a great write up for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I’m currently in the process of installing a boost gauge in my 02. Since Photobucket’s update, all the pictures everyone has posted have been watermarked heavily and severely lowered the quality. Does anyone have any updated images on what line you ran your T from? I was told I could tap into the line that comes directly from the back of the blower into the actuator.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I’m currently in the process of installing a boost gauge in my 02. Since Photobucket’s update, all the pictures everyone has posted have been watermarked heavily and severely lowered the quality. Does anyone have any updated images on what line you ran your T from? I was told I could tap into the line that comes directly from the back of the blower into the actuator.
If you are on chrome, there is a photobucket hotlink fix plugin that allows me to see most of the images. Here is the link.

If that doesn't work, here is the path I used for my gauge. Shows both ends of the line I tapped.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts