Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on here that lots of 2nd gen guys have swapped their head units out for the Cube Radio. Can be done with the First Gen as well just a little more work! If you are like me and want an OEM look and want to gain AUX in and MP3 CD on the cheap here ya go.

Parts Needed:

OEM 2011 Cube Radio: $25 shipped on eBay
SCOSCHE Nissan 2007-up Reverse Car Stereo Connector (PART #NN04RB ) $5 eBay
American Intl. 95-2010 2 piece Wire Harness (Part #NWH702 ) $5 eBay
Antenna Adapter barrel style to newer plug $5 eBay

Misc:
Soldering equip or crimp connectors
Black Elec Tape
Torx Screwdrivers for side brackets
Phillips Screwdriver to remove trim and radio

Couple notes:

-Side bracket holes, only two will line up, will need to drill new holes in the bracket or only use two screws per side.
-Small gap at bottom of new receiver and trim piece
-New harness has ORANGE Dimmer wire + and - (old one is one Orange wire) I wired the ORANGE - into black ground and Orange + to ORANGE (display dims when lights are on)

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's a pretty cool radio swap. This may get added to my mod list.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you add the iPod input as well?
Yes, but you need the radio to dash wire from a Cube and the dash plug to iPod cable. The first is difficult to find without visiting a salvage yard so I don't have it yet, plus it would double the cost of my cheap radio upgrade.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by "iPod input"do you mean the aux cable input on the face of the radio?
No, there is a proprietary connection on the back for the iPOD control, I believe when connected you can control the iPOD with the radio controls. I have not been able to find a part number for the back of the radio to dash wire connector, the dash to iPod wire is common and easy to find. A trip to a junkyard with a Cube would probably yield the correct wire, but I usually just connect my phone to the AUX input.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, I don't have that option but they probably will not work without a universal steering wheel control adapter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts