Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had issues with my 2004 nissan xterra before about 2 weeks ago it was having issues starting and made a loud ticking noise which stopped when I disconnected the battery , got it tested and it was my battery, so of course I got a new one and it was doung okay then today it acted like it wasnt going to start, but it did then I turned It off and it didn't start when I got it jumped I turned my lights on and noticed when I hit the brake my interior and headlights dimmed , then got home shut it off and about 45 minutes later walked out and the clicking was happening again, no keys in or anything , what do yall think? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
358 Posts
Find out where the ticking is coming from. I bet it is a relay. Try to listen carefully and zero in on it.

If you have trouble, then try removing one fuse and put it back, move to the next fuse and put it back... until the clicking stops. Then that will tell you what electrical section the clicking is coming from. But most likely it is a relay or something that is turning on/off.

Lift the hood and see if it's in the fuse box, or could be in the dashboard/instrument panel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.