Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Xterra SE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all. Been trying to track this down for a minute now and I'm getting so much conflicting info it's driving me insane.
Essentially I'm replacing my passenger side exhaust manifold (seems to be a rite of passage for first gen owners). Wanted to replace the studs going into the block from the manifold, but when I went to try and find the part number to order them I saw two different parts/part numbers. Every diagram I've seen shows two different studs of different sizes going through the manifold. I found a 12 pk of studs on 4x4 Parts but I don't really want to pay 60 for the studs and nuts (plus another 15 for shipping).

TL;DR: Are there two different size studs that go from the (passenger side) exhaust manifold to the block? If so, which size/part number goes through which hole? (Unfortunately I don't have the old studs anymore to compare).

2002 SE 4WD NA

PS, here's a pic of the diagram showing 2 different part numbers:

·
Registered
2002 Xterra SE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it is the same as a 2000 the long studs are the top three and the short studs are the bottom three.

Go to this thread and look under passenger side and it will show the location of the long studs.
HOW TO: AC Header Install 1st GEN
Thanks for the reply @RacerXXL. Your pics were actually really helpful. So I basically just need to order both part numbers then I'm assuming. I'll try and get em ordered then report back with the part number for the longer and shorter stud, just so people know which part number is which stud going forward.

Honestly wouldn't mind just replacing them all with hex head bolts but idk the exact length (and thread pitch) I'd need. If anyone happens to know just by chance it would be appreciated! Thanks again for the assist @RacerXXL !

Also @MeToo I once upon a time considered just getting the Doug Thorleys and being done with it as well, but I've had this replacement manifold sitting in the trunk for almost a year now, and I'm about to start dumping money into my other car now as well, so I'm just gonna look the other way lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts