Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Xterra and during the daylight hours the dashboard gauges can barely be seen, I turned on the headlights (I have the intensity button all the way up) and you still can't see the gauges. At night, if it is pitch dark, I can read the gauges.

Can anyone other than a $125 mechanic help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe some of the bulbs are blown?

My 2001 Xterra has 4(?) illumination bulbs and a few were blown when i opened up the gauge cluster panel.

Mine was dim but tbh i never noticed. I opened it because i wanted blue led's instead of the stock white ones.

Maybe if you change the colors yours might be easier to see? The bulbs should be T5 in a 2003.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was searching for some aftermarket gauges to replace the ugly ones for an 04. I found one place that sold electroluminescent ones, but they were out of stock. I’m in the process of changing out all lights in and out with LEDs. After 10 or 15 years, the bulbs fade and get carbon buildup, making it more and more dim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Honestly, I have not gotten to the instrument lights. From what I’ve seen online, it’s not too bad if you’re not afraid of pulling dash components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe some of the bulbs are blown?

My 2001 Xterra has 4(?) illumination bulbs and a few were blown when i opened up the gauge cluster panel.

Mine was dim but tbh i never noticed. I opened it because i wanted blue led's instead of the stock white ones.

Maybe if you change the colors yours might be easier to see? The bulbs should be T5 in a 2003.

How difficult was it? I want to change my gauge light to blue also on my 2000 Xterra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts