Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Xterra, 250,000 miles

My son says his Dash lights, radio lights, ect... flicker and then goes out when he starts the engine.
Apparently radio and AC works,, just not the lights when he drives at night and turns on the headlights. Headlights work.

So I am thinking maybe a loose wire or connection under the dash that is unique for the instrument lights/radio lights?
Do we need to remove the dash cover, or is there a way to remove the instrument panel and radio without having to remove anything else?

Is it possible the power wire is loose near the fuse box?

·
Registered
959 Posts
2000 Xterra, 250,000 miles

My son says his Dash lights, radio lights, ect... flicker and then goes out when he starts the engine.
Apparently radio and AC works,, just not the lights when he drives at night and turns on the headlights. Headlights work.

So I am thinking maybe a loose wire or connection under the dash that is unique for the instrument lights/radio lights?
Do we need to remove the dash cover, or is there a way to remove the instrument panel and radio without having to remove anything else?

Is it possible the power wire is loose near the fuse box?
Consider this. You may actually have power but the "ground" is loose or intermittent. Power doesn't flow without the ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts