Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just recently purchased a 2006 Nissan Xterra 5 speed automatic, it has cruise control but the switch does not seem to set, the light displays that cruise control is on and that is it, it will not set a speed, the tpms light is also on but I am not sure if that would be related.
Does anyone know how to fix? any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2011 XTERRA S 4wd Automatic
103 Posts
I'm not sure about the second gen, so hopefully others will come in. On my 01 that I had, there was two switches on the brake pedal. One was for the brake lights, the other was for the cruise control cancel. They had plastic bushings that made contact with the switches. I had the plastic bushings break apart and fall out causing the cruise control system to think I was paying the brake pedal. The real fun was when the one for the lights broke up, then my brake lights wouldn't turn off.

Could be something to look for. Cheap easy, maybe $10 part and about a minute for install.

I'll try looking tonight on my 11 to see if the gen twos have something similar and will try to take pictures of so.

I just saw this post on the recommended reading section. A guy posted pictures of a second gen pedal switch.

His situation is a little different though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts