Nissan XTerra Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I’m in the same dam boat right now .
I just put a 2002 Xterra motor that was wrecked so I’m pretty sure it ran .! in my 04 Frontier . And had to go without the EGR because the 2002 does not have EGR and now it will not run . It has a new crank position sensor , sensor ,Throttle position sensor, new timing belt everything an I no 100 that’s it’s in timing . And the distributor that came out of that other motor that was running but just had Spun the crank bearings . I have spark have Fuel. Tried three other distributors that I’ve had from junk yard trips . If you figure yours out I’d love to hear what it was .!!
Hi I’m dealing with a similar problem could really use some help I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra was running fun then one day won’t start I replaced all spark plugs and the distributor cap and rotor and just did the fuel pump still no start any ideas

update figured it out everyone check the temp sensor I was getting a code for that it actually if it’s out or faulty will make it so the truck doesn’t start

2004 Xterra 120000 miles, vg33e normally aspirated.

I had a knock sensor code for about a year, then I started getting a misfire code. So I changed the knock sensor. Had the upper and lower intake plenum off. I went ahead and changed plugs and wires and replaced the 3 injectors under the upper plenum. While it was down I replaced the evap canister vent valve because it was stuck and I was having problems putting gas in and I put new muffler on because the original was split in two. Got everything back together and it wont start. The engine turns over but doesn't fire at all. I have spark and fuel pressure to the rail but it doesn't seem to have any injector pulse. I checked all the fuses, all electrical connections, but I cant find anything......any input would be appreciated
Word of advice especially on the dis....that is an optispark dis everything test fine then die out or not start.... and are common for defects new once vehicle heats up no kore signal... dont do any reman or even scrap yard ones believe me been there....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts