Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Thanks for coming in.
I got a 2011 Xterra and the car runs well but I hear clicking noise all the time while I driving.
Today I finally find the problem. This part in the red circle looks like stucks. It always tries to move somewhere but it can't. So it just keeps doing the same thing and makes noise.
I'm glad I found the problem, but unfortunately, I have no idea what's going on. I don't even know the part name and what is used for lol.
Thank you so much for helping me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are some of the plastic gears that the heating and air conditioning system uses. One or more of them has failed (most likely stripped out) and it can't fully move its door. It looks like it's pretty easy to get to, but I don't know how easy it is to repair/replace the parts, nor how available they are now that the most recent Xterra model is a 2015 and that is now about 8 model years ago.

What you can do is download the free FSMs for your rig and see what they have to say about inspecting, trouble-shooting, and resolving any issue.

Nissan Service Manuals - NICOclub
Thank you man, I'll check on it. The dealer said it will be $120 for just letting them look at it. Guess I gonna work on my own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts