Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to introduce myself as I've been lurking here for a couple months. My name is Mike aka bentparts and I recently purchased a 2010 X Off Road with 30 K on it. Did a lot of research before buying this rig and chose it over a Jeep and FJ for a number of reasons, and am quite happy with it so far. The fact that it was like new and very well maintained and has a 6 year 100000 mile warranty didn't hurt either. I've been in the off road scene for over 10 years and my last rig was a HIGHLY modified turbocharged Geo Tracker with just about every possible drivetrain, suspension and engine mod I could build and engineer. It was a total blast and would go anywhere, even drove cross country to wheel in Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico, then drove it home to NJ. 6 K miles in 5 weeks. I finely tired of the rough ride, noisey interior and gobs of weekend maintenance required of a highly modded rig and sold it. The new Xterra is everything I need without the one off headaches of a built custom rig. It has all the features I wanted with a quiet interior and great ride, compared to a modded Tracker anyway. It's all relative, yes it's a truck, but compared to my old rig it's a 4WD limo. I've already been the "mod the crap out of it " route and plan on keeping this close to stock. The only mods I've done to the X are to remove the chrome " Off Road " badging and replace them with cast aluminum " Nismo " badges, swap the stock air filter for a cleanable AEM filter and replace the tires with new stock tires. It could use more supportive seats though. Years of wheeling have taught me an important lesson: it's more the driver than the rig when it comes to getting there. Glad to be part of the X community.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Welcome A Board!

Its always great to see a seasoned wheeler show up.

BTW - You can up it from the stock 265/75/16 to 285/75/16 or 305/70/16 w/o a BL or lift, etc.

The dealer even has a computer that will recalibrate your speedo/odo for the 33" tires.

>:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys! I was already aware of being able to go up in tire size without any real mods, ( been scouring the forum for a couple months) but I chose to go the stock size for a couple reasons: they're nice on the highway and my spare is brand new, seem to be decent off road, especially since I tend to avoid mud like STD'S, and I can remove and lift them easily without help. Gettin a bit older now. I'm valuing quiet and smooth quite a bit more these days. I am planning on a couple of comfort mods: gonna remove my steering wheel and send it to Redline to have it padded and wrapped in Alcantara, I had one in the Tracker I loved, and maybe, if I can find a nice matching set in the u pullit some seats with some side bolstering. I'm used to being locked into the seat when off roading since I had Corbeau's in the Tracker. Gonna go search the forum for how to remove the steering wheel now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more thing guys, is there a list with definitions of all the acronyms you all use? I'm not new to wheeling but like every club you all seem to have your own language. : )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts